[afnog] /127 ??

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Mon Nov 16 08:38:52 UTC 2009

Hi,

just trying to formalise a plan.
 (maybe should stick with unformalised ones)

For real point-to-point links, that are real guaranteed to remain so,
like POS or serial, ...
a /127 seems attractive especially since a Japanese colleague[1] once
found that with /126 one can get into traffic reflection escalations...
IIRC.

Now Google and/or I*TF confused me with an ietf draft with "127" in the
title that ........... *could* be outdated.....?

So I thought I could ask my hundreds of friends on AfNOG:

apart from the obvious possibilities like /64 and /112, what do you use
and what pros and cons you see for /126 vs /127

Thanks,
Frank

PS: seems i have just found my answer already, but the list should
benefit ;-)
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-kohno-ipv6-prefixlen-p2p-00.txt
is in favour of /127
strangely i can't get to www.ietf.org, so had to use Google-cache...
Ok, seeing the authors listed I have no further questions[2].

[1] i don't have the name and don't remember where presentation was made.
[2] apart from the remark that this ID will have to get better in PageRank.