[afnog] mail man on freebsd

Peter Hyeroba phyeroba at cfi.co.ug
Mon May 18 06:30:11 UTC 2009

Hi guys I've been trying to install mailman on freebsd but have hit a snag.

I get the the following error that I googled and found suggestions that
didn't quite work.

<test at mailserver.domain>: Command died with status 2:

    "/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post test". Command output: Group
mismatch

    error.  Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be executed as group

    "mailman", but the system's mail server executed the mail script as
group

    "nobody".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the script as group

    "mailman", or re-run configure,  providing the command line option

    `--with-mail-gid=nobody'.

I'm installing it on freebsd 6.2, postfix-2.5.5 and mailman-2.1.11. I have
installed and uninstalled and reinstalled using -with-mail-gid=nobody

But that also creates its own problems.

Any pointers?