[afnog] Cisco 3745 configuration register 0x101

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Mon Jun 8 18:20:09 UTC 2009

On Monday 08 June 2009 11:43:08 pm Kweheria Erick wrote:

> Need help figuring out why a router with the "sh ver"
> output below keeps rebooting even after changing the
> configuration register to 0x2102 severally.
> Kindly advise on what could be the cause.

The issue appears to be software related.

a) Are you able to account for any configuration changes
   that may have have been performed before the reloads
   began?

b) How long has this IOS version been running for?

c) Have you recently upgraded IOS?

d) Anything interesting in the logs - 'show log'?

The Bug database suggests a similar problem with the 6500 (a
different platform from yours, but a number of features in
IOS end up in different trains for different systems). There
was no workaround for that case, but to upgrade the code.

One step at a time and we see what to do next.

Cheers,

Mark.