[afnog] VSAT service provider recommendations for northern Ghana

Steve Song ssong.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 10:05:33 UTC 2009

Hi all,

(apologies for the cross-post)

Does anyone have any (ideally first-hand) recommendations for VSAT
providers in Ghana?  I received an inquiry from the National Research
Council in Canada who are supporting a project in Northern Ghana.  To
quote them, they are looking for:

"whole spectrum of possibilities, including one-way receive with
terrestrial transmit (e.g. with GPRS back channel). File transfer
would be a primary requirement, as we will want to support the
downloading of educational text, video or audio assets.  Two-way
communication would not prioritize general Web access or video or
audio streaming; text-based e-mail would be the priority."

If you reply to me directly, I am happy to compile input and feed back
to anyone who is interested.

Many thanks in advance... Steve

--
Steve Song