[afnog] How to build a DNS Server

Rob Thomas robt at cymru.com
Fri Feb 13 18:00:01 UTC 2009

Hi, team.

> perhaps having a hard coded bogon list is not doing the community
> any favors in this day and age.  the community has learned with
> great pain that they are not maintained and cause serious problems
> debugging.

We will shortly remove all static bogon references from our Secure BIND
Template, as well as from others of our templates.  This will take us
just a bit, so please be patient.

Instead we encourage folks who wish to perform bogon filtering to do so
in an automated manner.  Consider BGP, DNS, and RADb for some of those
methods.  You can read more about them here:

   <https://www.team-cymru.org/Services/Bogons/>

Stay tuned on moving the change list to the end.  This is much more
palatable now that we won't be making updates regarding new allocations
from formerly bogon space.

We thrive on community feedback, so please keep it coming!  Thanks to
both Randy and SM for the input.

Thanks!
Rob.
--