[afnog] Cacti not graphing

Patrick Okui pokui at psg.com
Thu Feb 12 16:03:35 UTC 2009

On 2/12/09 1:02 PM, Christiana Toluwanimi Olayinka wrote:
> Hi Peter,
> I did a fresh install of cacti from the port.
> I have confirmed that the cron is working. The error as shown in the
> mail to root is pasted below:
> Subject: Cron <root at yaba <mailto:root at yaba>> cacti /usr/local/bin/php
> /usr/local/share/cacti/poller.php > /dev/null 2>&1
> cacti: not found
> I tried to adduser cacti on the freebsd machine but it complained that
> the login name cacti exit.
> What can I do?

looks like you edited your crontab using crontab -e (rather than vi
/etc/crontab). If that's what you did, then don't put anything in the
"user" column. i.e remove "cacti".

However, this will run the poller as root (which may not be what you
want). So put the cron job in /etc/crontab (with cacti in the "user"
column).

--
patrick