[afnog] Support Please - MCA-T Domain

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Thu Feb 12 10:17:54 UTC 2009

>> And the server can't even tell us why.  The webpage referenced is
>> not very helpful. Mostly disguised advertising.  The problem is in
>> Hotmail policy. I could guess, but that would only be guesses.

Common problem. The Internet is not an happy gathering of nice people
and wonderful friends. It is a battlefield and arm-twisting your
competitors is a common technique.

>> I find it a bit strange that Hotmail or "Windows Live Hotmail" just
>> rejects and is trying to make this our support problem to try to
>> find out why they did.

Unilateral decisions, without consideration for the others, are the
basis of capitalism.

And small ISPs in Africa are the last problem for Hotmail...

>> Therefore I think we should inform all of your and our users how
>> unreliable it is to expect email to be delivered to Hotmail
>> accounts.

Already known.

>> As Mr XXXX said: whose freemail services should not be used for
>> critical business communication.

It depends. In my experience, Gmail, while as gratis, is better.