[afnog] Chrooted Bind

Bernard Wanyama bwanyama at syntechug.com
Mon Feb 9 09:44:42 UTC 2009

Grace,

A chrooted Bind or application is a config that attempts to minimise
the damage an attacker can do. It does this by restricting the
application to a specific set of directories on the filesystem. That
way, if a hacker breaks in, she has a limited view of the filesystem,
and finds it difficult to corrupt or steal files.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Bernard

--