[afnog] problem with network

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Tue Dec 8 19:17:38 UTC 2009

--- brhunild at gmail.com wrote:-------
I am having a problem with one of my network.

Since two days I can ping my IP address from different looking glasses but I
can't traceroute.

I am suspecting my transit provider to do Filtrering at the host

If you have access to a unix box use tcptraceroute.  If you can get through with that on certain ports, like port 80, and not with traceroute you can be pretty sure it's a filter.  I know there is a tcptraceroute-like program for windows, but I can't remember what it is at this time.

scott