[afnog] "/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default" is empty

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Sun Dec 6 21:03:33 UTC 2009

On 6 Dec 2009, at 07:22, teklay gebremichael wrote:

>  i have installed apache2 on my pc. when i made some modifications
> to the file "/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default", apache2 could
> not reload. i uninstalled apache2 but the file remained with its
> modified configuration. then i removed /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/
> 000-default but could not get back. it is empty.
> so, what do i have to do to have the default configuration of the
> 000-default?

Hi,

That's just the debian way of configuring the 'default' site (i.e.
when a http request hits the box which does not 'match' another HTTP
1.1 Host header.)

So all you need is NameVirtualHost lines for the addresses/ports that
you will later configure VirtualHost entries for, and a VirtualHost
that will match any site on the box which is not catered for by a
later VirtualHost.

Does that make sense ?

Thanks
Andy