[afnog] rancid-cvs problems

SM sm at resistor.net
Mon Aug 10 16:31:22 UTC 2009

At 06:14 10-08-2009, Emmanuel Kwarteng wrote:
>I have installed rancid-2.3.1 on my freebsd box.
>I keep getting the error below when I try to create the cvs repository.
>
>[rancid at xxx ~]$ rancid-cvs
>/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libkrb5.so.9" not found,
>required by "cvs"
>[rancid at xxx ~]$
>
>I have installed and deinstalled krb5 to check if it works, but all
>to no avail. I have not installed Heimdal.
>I have NO_KERBEROS=true set in my /etc/make.conf file due to an
>earlier application I installed. Even if I remove this, I still have
>the same problem.

You disabled Kerberos.  The cvs binary is linked with Kerberos, hence
the above error.

>When I check the directory /usr/lib/ I don't see libkrb5.so.9 there at all.
>How do I get this library installed?

You have to build world again or else recompile the cvs in base.  To
get libkrb5.so.9, you have to remove the NO_KERBEROS line from
make.conf and build world.  The first two options won't break your
earlier application.

Regards,
-sm