[afnog] FreeBSD 7.x install

Alan Levin alan at futureperfect.co.za
Tue Aug 4 12:32:19 UTC 2009

Hi,

On 31 Jul 2009, at 4:31 PM, Phil Regnauld wrote:
>>> 	Tried disabling ACPI ?
>> In the Bios?  How?
>> No difference in the BSD install process....
> 	Menu choice 2 when booting:
> 	http://docs.freebsd.org/doc/6.4-RELEASE/usr/share/doc/mn/books/handbook/install/boot-loader-menu.png

Sorry, yes I was aware of the BSD install option disabling ACPI  but
as mentioned that did not make a difference (although it is required
when using only USB keyboard which is needed as the MB only has USB -
I learned this with the i386 options but remember I really want 64bit
technology for this server).

After trying 8.0 and then downwards we found 6.4-RELEASE-amd64 seems
to work, but no nic drivers... we're possibly going to abandon the
Intel board and try another. Will keep you posted.

aLan