[afnog] logiciel charge réseau

Graham Beneke graham-ml at apolix.co.za
Wed Apr 15 17:23:49 UTC 2009

Dany Mustapha wrote:
> sorry my english is bad, so i will continue in frensh ;)

And I will continue in English ;-)

> ma question ne concerne pas les graphes , mais les maps ( cartes) réseau
> illustrant l'interconnexion des différentes machines avec les devices
> actifs.

cacti can't discover network interconnection on its own. I don't know of
any software that does this entirely successfully. Many mis-read certain
devices or overload the network with discovery traffic.

If there is a specific portion of your network that you must
automatically discover then do so with a dedicated tool and not as part
of your statistics gathering process. My personal recommendation would
be a pen, some paper and some time if you want a map of your network.

> Ici vous parlez des agents SNMP pour les switchs et les routeurs?

I have not come across any intelligent network devices that do not have
SNMP built in. You should not require an agent of any sort.

--
Graham Beneke
Apolix Internet Services