[afnog] logiciel charge réseau

Nicolas Antoniello nantoniello at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 11:27:53 UTC 2009

Hi Dany,

You may use "MRTG" to poll the interface bandwidth of your routers. It may
automatically generate graphs for all the links (that way you'll always
knbow the "status" of all your internal and external links.
It is an open-source software and it is very simple to install and
configure.
You may download it from here:

http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/

MRTG uses SNMP (standar MIB) to poll onformation from your equipment (so all
you need is to enable SNMP pollin on your routers/switches/servers).

Then, another very useful software tool (again open-source and quite simple
to install) is the "weathermap". With it, you may have a graphical
representation of all your network with all the equipment and links and have
them painted (with color gradient) in real time, indicating the amount of
traffic of every link (with percentage or bandwith also indicated).
You may configure it very easy, to use the MRTG data generated earlier.
You may get it from here:

http://netmon.grnet.gr/weathermap/

Here you may find examples of all this stuff working:

http://netmon.grnet.gr/6net.html
http://netmon.grnet.gr/map.shtml

Regards,
Nicolas.