[afnog] afnog Digest, Vol 54, Issue 19

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Mon Sep 22 21:38:46 UTC 2008

------- franko at africaonline.com.gh wrote: -------------
From: "Frank A. Kuse" <franko at africaonline.com.gh>

I am having some trouble bringing up MPLS up on disimilar interfaces (
FastEthernet Interface and Gigabit interface both connecting to a cisco 3750
switch with Jumbo frames enabled) When i change the Gigabit interface to a
FastEthernet interface, the MPLS comes up.
I would like to know if it's possible to bring up MPLS up between two
disimilar interfaces.

Have you checked the MTU on the router interfaces themselves?  It sounds
like a possible MTU mismatch.

From: "Frank A. Kuse" <franko at africaonline.com.gh>

I have set same MTU value on both interfaces. And on the FastEthernet
Interface, i have set an equivalent MPLS MTU value.

Did any of the suggestions by the others work?  I was just thinking that possibly there was an ~9000 Byte MTU on the interface on the switch and a 1500 Byte MTU on the router's FE interface that the switch connects to.  It was just a guess...  ;-)

scott