[afnog] GE Interfaces for Cisco 7206 and 7204

Rudasingwa Peter prudasingwa at rwandatel.rw
Wed Oct 22 08:03:52 UTC 2008

Hello All,

I am planning to do an upgrade on in my network and I am thinking of
purchasing GE Interfaces for my cisco 7206 and Cisco 7204 routers. I
have checked around the net and I came up with "*CISCO 7200 SERIES
NETWORK PROCESSING ENGINE NPE-G1 *"
(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps3931/product_data_sheet09186a00800c6bd6.html).

I would like to know if this would work for me. If not, can you please
advise on the best module to use?

One more question:
Are there modules of the same kind with interfaces with RJ45 connectors
and not fiber connectors? I would like to be able to connect from any
core device to the GE modules.

Thank you.

Peter R.
Rwandatel S.A.