[afnog] Signing root zone

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Fri Nov 7 07:55:39 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 04:36:39PM +0000,
 alain aina <aalain at trstech.net> wrote
 a message of 23 lines which said:

> Are you presuming that people here are clueless about DNSSEC ?

I was presuming exactly what I wrote and which is certainly true:

* few people on this list tested DNSSEC, either by configuring a
validating resolver or by signing a copy of an existing zone,

* even fewer people use DNSSEC in production, either by *using* a
validating resolver or by signing an *actual* zone.

Therefore, most opinions on DNSSEC suffer from a lack of practical
experience. And that's why I tend to ignore them.