[afnog] Restricting SNMP View

nsubugr at mtn.co.ug nsubugr at mtn.co.ug
Thu May 22 14:53:00 UTC 2008

Yello,

You can use [snmpwalk] and snmpbulkwalk off a UNIX box and drop the output in a text file.

e.g.  snmpwalk -v 1 -On -c privatestring {router-interface-name/fastEthernet0/1 IP Address} > output

Better still put the cisco MIBs in the snmp-server's mib's folder OR any other folder and use the -m flag then you can initiate the query.

snmpwalk -v 2c -c public -m /usr/share/snmp/mibs/cisco/ -Oh [fastEthernet0/1 IP Address] enterprises.9

Tried to get these tools as well may be they can help.

http://www.oidview.com/oidview-eval.html

might be of help as well.