[afnog] Port forwarding using shorewall problem

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon May 19 11:37:09 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 02:15:24AM -0700,
 Yahaya Wara <mywarra at yahoo.com> wrote
 a message of 53 lines which said:

> One of my goals is to run internet servers on my local network with
> RFC-1918 private IP adddresses.

Remember that you are heading towards trouble. Your setup will be
slower, complicated and more brtittle than a "normal" setup.

Why don't you ask Afrinic for more IP addresses instead? At a time, it
was very difficult to get IP addresses in Africa. Now, it is supposed
to be easier.

> This is what i have in my /etc/shorewall/rules
>

> DNAT   net   loc:172.16.0.13  tcp  80 208.78.59.99
>
> iam stucked any help?

No help possible without more information such as the output of
'iptable -e -n -L' and 'iptables -e -n -t nat -L' and the tests you
performed and the results they yielded.