[afnog] Viewing LAN traffic

Elly venomius at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 10 11:32:54 UTC 2008

Hi All,

For the past few weeks, I have been searching for an open source solution to monitor host traffic basic on IP (not read/sniff packets). I'm looking for something similar to Cisco Netflow feature, that can gather traffic consumption on a single IP.

I have currently deploy the following tools.
1. Cacti & NTOP - Graphical tool that uses rrdtool
2. Squid proxy server - controls LAN usage. But doesn't gather data consumption.
3. WireShark - Packet sniffer.

Any ideas on other tools i could use?