[afnog] route in rib, not in fib - why? SOLVED

Frank Habicht geier-lists-afnog at tih.co.tz
Wed Jun 25 09:31:08 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Yes. Philip is spot on.
All your assumptions (including about my stupidity) are right.

But I have to admit thanks to earlier private mails from Nishal and
Randy I got the right idea already. And it wasn't the first time....

Mark: they don't do BGP with upstream. They're $enduser with a /27 (and
no IGP).
So more scary thing regarding stealing transit is that default route on
their IXP-peering router....
acl..... what acl????

So: Thanks to all.
Prob resolved before I saw Mark & Philip's emails. (i'm late replying)
Take those emails to heart .

PS: i haven't seen their "show ip bgp" yet...

Thanks!
Frank