[afnog] route in rib, not in fib - why?

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Jun 25 06:05:11 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 24 June 2008 17:44:40 Frank Habicht wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> new peer at our IX has this prob:
> at border router to uplink, they get the ~60 routes from
> iBGP from their other router (at IXP place) correctly.

If I understand you correctly, you are saying they receive
some 60 routes from their exchange point peering router on
their transit router, right?

Unless they have a particular reason for this, they really
should be filtering this in the core, as any
misconfiguration could send these 60 routes to their transit
provider, thus, offering potential transit to the exchange
point members.

But anyway...

> "show ip bgp" shows them (sorry for old syntax - dont
> have their "show version " (yet)).

Well the configuration posted shows IOS 12.4, so it should
be relatively decent :-).

> but (!):
>   "show ip route" does only show the 4 connected and
> static routes

Do you have a 'sh ip bgp' output?

Does 'sh ip route' on any of the other iBGP routers show the
same issue?

There's not much to go on here?

Need more info. Hard to say whether the posted configuration
is from the exchange point peering router or the transit
router.

Cheers,

Mark.