[afnog] IPv6 NAT-PT ?

John Hay jhay at meraka.org.za
Thu Jun 19 12:04:47 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 01:16:39PM +0200, Phil Regnauld wrote:
> Ok, so here I am, I want to run IPv6 -- I've got a tunnel set up with
> HE.net (very much recommended), I've got 6to4 up and running, and I'm
> running FreeBSD as a gateway.
>
> I've got v6 only hosts for testing, and they want to access all the v4 sites

If all they want is web access, a squid 3.HEAD proxy might be enough.
I have been running it for a while now and it is ok, but not rock
solid yet. Before that I have used ffproxy.

> 1. Is there a NAT-PT implem for FreeBSD ?

I have a home grown version that is a mix between the Kame version
and stuff that Ed Shouten did. We have been using that for few years
now. I have never cleaned it up, so it will probably take some work
to get in a usable form. :-/

> 2. Is there one for Linux otherwise ?
> 3. Any good pointers to setup, possibly on other platforms (IOS, etc...) ?

I have not looked at the others.

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay at meraka.csir.co.za / jhay at FreeBSD.org