[afnog] ip address and Lir

Fabrice BAGOLIBE bagolibe at artp.tg
Fri Jun 13 19:48:56 UTC 2008

Stephane Bortzmeyer a écrit :
> On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 11:57:26PM -0000,
>  Jean Robert HOUNTOMEY <hrobert at iservices.tg> wrote
>  a message of 25 lines which said:
>

>> Local Telco who get IP [v4] block from Afrinic and who would like to
>> resell at very high prices these blocks to their customers.
>>

> They do it for the good of mankind, to promote the use of IPv6 :-)
>
> Giving the rapid depletion of IPv4 addresses, which will certainly
> trigger even worse things ("scarcity brings out the worst in people")
> you may find easier to deploy IPv6 than to make them change their
> pricing policy...

I mean the local telco is in monopoly or the second is not really
competitive(if  i am wrong RH cant tell us), what expensive will be the
cost of the IPv4 addresses this telco will be able to buy and sell them
at is price to his consumers. So for me there is two ways to solve this
problem:
- the local regulatory agency must promote competition by opening the
Internet market (licenced  by need others operators);
- the Afrinic must progressivelly stop selling the IPv4 addresses  to
all operators and like he is doing continue promoting IPv6,