[afnog] Is Africa the safe haven for Cyber-Criminals?

Rob Thomas robt at cymru.com
Tue Jul 22 17:11:15 UTC 2008

Hi, John.

> http://politics.nationmedia.com/Blog/default.asp?Display=310

Interesting story, thanks.  Such crimes are truly global now, and every
region is enduring them.

I'm not a policy guy, but there are a lot of technical things folks can
do to raise the bar and make online crime more difficult.  We have a few
suggestions that might help:

Blocking bogons:
<http://www.team-cymru.org/Services/Bogons/>

Tracking scanning activity with Darknets:
<http://www.team-cymru.org/Services/darknets.html>

Securing various pieces of your infrastructure - these devices are
popular targets!
<http://www.team-cymru.org/ReadingRoom/Templates/>

We also track lots of compromised devices, botnets, malware, and the
like.  If we can help your network, please feel free to reach out to us
at <team-cymru at cymru.com>.

Thanks,
Rob.
--