[afnog] IP Address is in a different subnet as the gateway

Hylante Tabiou-Malkaye hylanthe at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 22:26:12 UTC 2008

Dear all,

I am trying a Linksys WRT50G wireless router at my home. My cable guy has
given the IP address, Subnet mask and gateway as follows:

IP Address: 10.249.10.26
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 10.249.8.1

When I give the above settings in my PC for connecting with the modem,
I am successfully able to connect to the Internet, but when I gave the
same in the wireless router settings, i am getting the following
error:

IP Address 10.249.10.26 is in a different subnet as the gateway
address 10.249.8.1

Is there anyway i can resolve this issue?

Thanks a lot for your response.

Hylante