[afnog] Two mail servers in the same domain

Mike Barnard mike.barnardq at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 14:29:50 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 4:47 PM, Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at nic.fr>wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 04:18:09PM +0300,
>  Mike Barnard <mike.barnardq at gmail.com> wrote
>  a message of 72 lines which said:
>
> > Take a look at using CARP and HA systems
>
> Why CARP and not VRRP? This is a true question, I have little
> experience with either of them.

CARP is FREE, VRRP is not, its patented and you will have to get licenses to
use it (if i am not wrong, a license per redundant implementation.. dont
quote me on that). CARP has a large support base, i find it easy to
configure. And CARP can run on any Linux/UNIX systems.

--
Mike

Of course, you might discount this possibility, but remember that one in
a million chances happen 99% of the time.