[afnog] [AfrISPA.Discuss] Securing our network

Global One Solution malabow at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 22:37:05 UTC 2008

Now Surge,

I am sure you know well, ACL alone does not protect you ANYTHING, unless you
willing to block legitimate traffic. You are really in the mercy of your
ISP. If your ISP is not placing the ACL in the edge router, what good your
ACL will do?  all the hacker need is a way to flood your link, and they can
take you tout of service. so let's say you even place CiscoGuard(which i
agree it's expensive) and i m not saying this is the solution, but even if
you place some intelligent device in behind your CE router, you will not be
given the opportunity to study the health of the packet, since the hackers
goal is just to take you out of service.  I am really advocate a VERY close
relationship between the *customer *and *ISP*.  RTB (Remote Trigger
Blockhole) is also another feature that kind of helps clients

Good feedback Thank you

malabow at gmail.com