[afnog] Linux Proxy: From Internet to LAN

Mohamadi ZONGO mzongo at zcp.bf
Tue Apr 15 14:57:19 UTC 2008

2008/4/15, Elly <venomius at yahoo.com>:
> Hi All,
>
>  I need setup proxy process on my machine(Linux FC6)
>  that has public Internet access to allow a remote
>  server to the machine. And then enable the  proxy to
>  forward the traffic from the remote machine to another
>  secure LAN network system. The remote server can
>  neither establish a direct connection to the SECURE
>  LAN nor tunneling it traffic.

What kind of services in the secure LAN are available for remote host ?
All protocol ? ssh, http, ... ?

What do you mean by "neither establish a direct connection" ?

The remote server connect manualy to the proxy (gateway) and then
manualy initiates connection to the secure LAN ?

If  you dont want remote server to bypass your Linux FC6 for secure
LAN access, you can look for  VPN serveur setup on FC6.

The remote serveur authenticates itself on Linux FC6 through VPN, and
then can see the secure LAN

FC6 must have two or more nic for this setup : One for remote, one for LAN.

Can you be more explicit and give us a small ascii design of your  network ?

Maybe I am off topic ;-)

--mzongo

--
Mohamadi ZONGO