[afnog] reverse dns implications

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Thu Apr 10 07:34:00 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 02:43:11PM -0000,
 Makan SIMAGA <msimaga at bvg-mali.org> wrote
 a message of 191 lines which said:

> I'm not lucky my ISP actually does not yet manage reverse.
>
> I'm not very lucky, they never listen to requests from their customers to
> update reverse.

It was much worse ten years ago when almost not one ISP in Africa did
reverse DNS.

I do not find an Afrinic statement asking ISP to manage reverse
mappings?

May be when the future RFC "Considerations for the use of DNS Reverse
Mapping" will be publsihed? (It is currently a draft,
draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations-06 and seems close to
be adopted by the DNSOP working group.)