[afnog] [BULK] Re: .KE now on v6

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Sep 11 01:43:14 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 11 September 2007 05:31, Vincent Ngundi wrote:

> This might not be a very comprehensive report but we are
> readily available to respond to more direct questions and
> to assist where we can.

As far as routing protocols go, do you have any running for
v6, e.g., OSPFv3, IS-IS, MP-iBGP, e.t.c.?

Are you running MP-eBGP with your upstream (or upstream's
upstream)?

How closely have you mirrored your v6 security to that of
v4, e.g., ACL's, routing protocol message update
authentication, anti-spoofing filters, uRPF, e.t.c.

What v6 addressing scheme did you go with? Are you running
with v6 ND RA?

Are all your internal resources reachable over v6 as well as
v4? What kind of DNS naming convention did you go with for
said resources with regard to v6 AAAA records? Do you have
an active 'ip6.arpa' zone for your v6 addresses?

Cheers,

Mark.