[afnog] Fw: Load Balancing btn two ISPs

Global One Solution malabow at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 23:40:38 UTC 2007

So to understand, let's ISP#1 gave the customer a public IP and will route
those IP block, i m sure they will aggregate via their Peers, and ISP#2 is
connecting via private-IP and they mapping those IP within them self to
public IP, so this funky set up, because he has to play with both.  Now does
he plan to deploy two CE routers and connect them internally for redundancy,
meaning:

ISP1                                                ISP2
|                                                       |
|                                                       |
|                                                       |
|                                                       |
CE1----------------------------------------------CE2
\                                                         /
 \                                                       /
  \                                                     /
   \---------------LOCAL SWITCH----------- /

So i would make the local switch run HSRP in both CE routers incase one link
goes down, making one of the CE1 as primary, This fixes the local
redundancy. now the WAN redundancy is where it gets tricky. we all know BGP
is the best and easiest solution, but i think this is not an option as ISP#2
is running private IP to CE2, i m not even sure if OER will make it to work
for load-balancing. let me put this on a lab and see what i can come up.

Let me know if i have the requirement right.

--
Liban Mohamed
Global One Solution
malabow at gmail.com