[afnog] RE : Re: wireless Network

tracy musaza cocko_mirindi at yahoo.fr
Wed Oct 17 16:08:34 UTC 2007

Hello Godonou!

  If U need to get some good knowledges about Wifi, Wireless Networking, the address sent to U by Hervey Allen is better,

  Anyway, if U need a special technology, just try to use :

  - Alvarion ( WiMAX or Mikrotik, Access Point and Subscriber materials) for your Wireless Local Loop;

  - ETINC as a nice Bandewidth manager based on FreeBSd;
  - BlueCoat as caching web server and webstreaming security, otherwise U can use Squid on FreeBSD, it's wonderfull too;
  - on all your Servers, just use FreeBSd OS.

  Cheers!!!

  Coko Tracy

Hervey Allen <hervey at nsrc.org> a écrit :  GODONOU-DOSSOU Maxime-ULryc wrote:
> Good Morning ,
> I?m working at Benin Telecoms office like network & system
> administrator, then en want to
> build City wireless Network (BENIN in west africa).
> I search, the best chnology  who can help me to do what I want.
> Then I want build this network:
>          AP (Access Points)
>          Antenna ant there area
>          Which wifi card can use all my client
>          Which soft I can use to do the management of my bandwidth an
> my billing
>          Technical Training
>          You can complete with another thing who  can be use in this network

Have you had a look at the free publication "Wireless Networking in
the Developing World"?

You can download it here:

http://www.wndw.net/

It addresses a number of these points.