[afnog] Problem with DHCP Relay on Cisco 3725 Router

Hosea Phiri phiri_hosea at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 09:51:44 UTC 2007

Raymond,

I hope I will not restrict your help if I only provide problem related entries from the router.

No global entries were entered during configuration, I will therefore provide only Interface related entries.

!
!
interface Ethernet0
 ip address 192.168.3.1 255.255.255.0
 ip nbar protocol-discovery
 ip virtual-reassembly
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
!
interface Ethernet1
 ip address 192.168.30.1 255.255.255.0
 ip address 192.168.30.65 255.255.255.0 secondary
 ip helper-address 192.168.3.20
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
!

Remember DHCP server is sitting on eth0 and targeted clients on eth1. Just to add more detail. If I assign static IP addresses to .30.0/24 network with gateway either 30.65 or 30.1 things work. Once I switch to DHCP,  pc's can't be assigned IP addresses automatically and the plan is to use DHCP.

Is there anything you are suspecting? Let me know if my detail is insufficient.

Regards,

Hosea
-------

hello Hosea,
please send a snap shot of your running config on the router. this way
we can see the complete picture. Remember to remove all user names and
passwords. you can also change the IPs to some RFC1918 ones to keep
anonymity.

Regards

Raymond

 <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48252/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/mobileweb/onesearch?refer=1ONXIC>,