[afnog] DNS not responding to outside queries

Noa of Ark ncmaina2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 3 12:14:58 UTC 2007

     Hi guys,

I have this two DNS Nameservers running BIND 9 and they are working fine internally. All the queries are respond to from the internal network and also when i plug my laptop on the external DMZ network, i get response.

My named.conf file is devided into VIEW's for the Internal network and external network. However when i get to the internet and try to access my DNS i dont get responce. My DNS servers don't respond to queries from the Internet. I cant even reach them thru ssh.

I am not certain whether it is the iptables but yeah, that is my situation.

Please i need some help

  A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest,
and poverty will come upon you like a robber,and want, like an armed warrior.