[afnog] Taide routing issues wednesday

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 17:02:28 UTC 2007

HI,

On Nov 28, 2007 6:29 PM, Dick Elleray at AfriConnect
<delleray at africonnect.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Taide have recovered connectivity...
>
> "We have today experienced reduced IP capacity from Nittedal Earthstation due to a major fire in a fiber gate in Oslo.
>
> >From aproximately 12:20UTC we seemed to be back on normal capacity. Our
> providers confirmed that all capacity was restored from 14:15UTC.

If you want to see graphically how this happened, go to:

http://www.ris.ripe.net/bgplay/

click BGplay button, and enter a Taide prefix.  I used
193.219.192.0/18

You can see that from the 26th to the 28th, routing moved from Telenor
to Telia to Banetel and back to Telenor.

It's a great tool.

It seems that they didn't have a SPOF, just their main link got hosed,
and the backup(s) took time to converge. But I may be wrong.

McTim
$ whois -h whois.afrinic.net mctim