[afnog] VOIP Traffic shapping

Bernard Wanyama bwanyama at syntechug.com
Tue Nov 20 18:18:13 UTC 2007

Hi Noa,

You need to prioritise VoIP traffic in all segments of your network.

That said, please start by letting us know which platform(s) you are using
(Cisco, Alvarion, etc) and what kind of access and core links you have
(serial, WiMax, fiber, etc).

This info will get you started on th road to QoS.

However, I must say that it might well be that the physical link has poor
quality ;)

Kind regards,

Bernard