[afnog] Translating Squirrelmail into Kiswahili.

Hervey Allen hervey at nsrc.org
Tue May 29 10:57:57 UTC 2007

Damas Ally wrote:
> Greetings all,
> I am using SM as my webmail where by my site contains two languages spoken
> in y country Tanzania,now i need to ensure that ones any one who will
> visit my website and go to the swahili page everything to be into swahili(
> www.juasun.net )in this case i am talking after login....example scripts
> for compose etc,please any one with the idea on how this one can be
> possible forward your idea to me.

I would probably go straight to the source, SquirrelMail at
www.squirrelmail.org. Here's their sample page on getting
SquirrelMail to work with multiple languages:

http://squirrelmail.org/wiki/SupportingMultipleLanguages

But, more importantly read up on how you can figure out what
languages are already supported, how to do your own translation,
etc... all right here:

http://squirrelmail.org/wiki/HelpTranslating

This link was down right now, but it points to the document
doc/i18n.txt, which you should have with your SquirrelMail install.
This supposedly lists all the currently supported languages in
SquirrelMail.

http://cvs.sf.net/viewcvs.py/squirrelmail/squirrelmail/doc/i18n.txt?rev=HEAD&view=markup

Best of luck.

Sincerely,