[afnog] how do I configure my FreeBSD box as a gateway?

Prince Martin mchitimba at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 9 14:03:24 UTC 2007

Sorry I'm sort of amatuer in this but I need help.

  I got FreeBSD running on a  machine that needs to act as a gateway for my internal network. I have two interfaces one connecting to the external network and one to the internal, both are working properly or so I think. I have internet on this machine and computers in my internal network can ping to this machine (and vice versa) but obviously they have no internet. I know I need to configure rc.firewall and do something else to complete the setup. Trouble is the rc.firewall on this FreeBSD is a little different from Linux and I want it all done Unix way. Please help, in as much detail as u possibly can.

  Martin

Live for yourself, you live in vain; live for others, you live again...so pass it on.