[afnog] Mikrotik Users Meeting in Abuja, Nigeria

Patrick J Okui pokui at psg.com
Wed Mar 28 16:07:32 UTC 2007

Hi Sunday Idajili, all,
On Mar 28, 2007, at 6:18 PM, Sunday Idajili wrote:

> Dear  Colleagues and partners of AFNOG,
>
> Am sincerely sorry for this post and never intended to promote a
> particular product. Believe me, I sent this post hoping to inform
> fellow members of an up coming event that might be of benefit.

The problem is not (really) that you forwarded an invitation - you
made it seem like the official invitation (as written by Mikrotik)
was sent with AfNOG written all over it. I actually had to go to
<http://mum.mikrotik.com/2007/NG/info> to verify that it's not the
case. For example, you mention that AfNOG attendees get to go for
free, yet according to that page they don't (unless you mean they
don't have to travel to Nigeria all over again). You mention that the
meetings are being held in the same hotel, yet that wasn't a
coordinated plan between Mikrotik and AfNOG.

In future, if you are forwarding an announcement, just forward the
text of the announcement _as_is_. If you must add your comments, make
some effort to differentiate it from the actual announcement.

If the said announcement is commercial - it'd probably be a good idea
if you didn't forward it.

Also as an aside, please try not to send HTML to the list. Most mail
clients can't handle it and some (like my current one) have the bad
habit of maintaining whatever format of e-mail I receive.

Thanks.

--
patrick