[afnog] PPPoE and AAA authentication

Philip Smith pfs at cisco.com
Fri Jun 15 22:27:05 UTC 2007

Hi,

Aline Flore Jounewe [ MTNCameroon Infrastructure Planning - MTN House ]
said the following on 16/6/07 02:25:

> I have a 3825 on which I have configured pppoE to connect to my
> provider, but whenever aaa authentication is enable on the router the
> pppoe authentication fail.
>
> Have anybody encountered this kind of problem?

You'll need something like:

aaa new-model
aaa authentication login default group local
aaa authentication enable default group enable
aaa authentication ppp default if-needed

which will ensure that your ppp authentication won't try and take the
default setting, which I've set as "local username/password" as an
example above...

philip