[afnog] Postfix

Mohamadi ZONGO mzongo at zcp.bf
Tue Jul 31 02:53:09 UTC 2007

2007/7/30, emmanuel onowojo <onowojemma at yahoo.com>:
> Hi All,
> After changing my mail server to linux and configured Postfix as my MTA.i
> could receive mail from outside(yahoo,gmail etc) and could send mail to
> other users within  the domain but could not send mail out to other Domains
> like Yahoo,Gmail and the rest.

If the domain you setup is uniben.edu, the error below let me think you can send
mail elsewhere but cannot send to your own domain nor receive from outside.

> <ngnog-discuss at abuja.forum.org.ng>: mail for uniben.edu
> loops back to myself

=> If you send mail to 'your' domain uniben.edu, your postfix don't
have a clue about this domain and then query the DNS for MX record,
DNS record say that the MX for uniben.edu point back to your postfix
(hence the loop back).

If uniben.edu is the domain you just setup, put it in in the variable
mydestination=(in the file master.cf), reload postfix and try again.

If the new config fail to fix the problem, send your master.cf or try
to be more explicit.

--
mzongo