[afnog] Arusha IXP

Frank Habicht geier-lists-afnog at tih.co.tz
Mon Jul 30 09:00:30 UTC 2007

On 7/30/2007 10:36 AM, Mark Tinka wrote:
> On Monday 30 July 2007 15:17, Ismail M. Settenda wrote:
>
>> We do have one at:  http://stats.aixp.or.tz
>>

> Unable to open the site:
>
> the-host:~ tinka$ telnet stats.aixp.or.tz 80
> Trying 196.223.6.132...
> telnet: connect to address 196.223.6.132: Operation timed out
> telnet: Unable to connect to remote host
> the-host:~ tinka$
>
> the-host:~ tinka$ traceroute stats.aixp.or.tz
> <snip>
> the-host:~ tinka$
>
> Not seeing this network in the BGP routing table. Could it
> only be accessible within .tz?

Hi.
It's from the AfriNIC IXP range (196.223.0.0/16) and shouldn't be "seen".
we _could_ see this as a very good reason for you to connect to the IXP
- even from far ;-)
Or, if someone were to give you transit to Arusha, how much is it worth?
No, it'll be a year or 2 until we have enough content to ask the
outsiders to pay for the link (whole, not half-circuit).

traffic: avg double-digit kbps
peers: 6
anyone with terrestrial infrastructure to TIX or any other IXP: no :-(

Please email if you have any other questions!
Frank