[afnog] UCEPROTECT-Network Level 3

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Mon Jul 23 20:26:27 UTC 2007

> Hope there is someone representing Afrinic on Afnog list, I got a big
> problem.
>
> Network 196.207.0.0/16 is blacklisted at UCEPROTECT Level 3 and this
> consists of different entities  on different geographical locations
> managing & administering smaller subnets on this range.
>
> My range happens to be within this & I can barely do anything to whitelist
> or know the reason why a group of entities have been blacklisted thus
> deflecting genuine mails not spams. I would really appreciate efforts to
> have this crime stopped, I bet someone on this range is on Afnog since
> this is exclusively an African owned subnet. Funny RBL !
>
> This rbl is exhorting money from already starving population & developing
> nations Afrinic & anyone pls help me sort out this mess.

there is no net police agency, sorry.  and afrinic is not the police
agency which does not exist.

contact the folk at whoever is being what you think is mean to your
packets.  nothing else will help you no matter how loudly you scream; in
fact, screaming reduces one's credibility in the long term.

but good luck.  these are often tough to sort out.

randy