[afnog] Provisionning tools (software or Appliance)

Phil Regnauld regnauld at x0.dk
Mon Jul 16 21:21:18 UTC 2007

Aline Flore Jounewe [ MTNCameroon Infrastructure Planning - MTN House ] (Jounew_A) writes:

> I am supposing I have hundred customers with xkb and I would like to
> defined different products based on different min bandwidth burstable to
> a certain max.

	Hi Aline,

	Ok it sounds that what you need is more traffic billing (for example,
	95th percentile or similar) and less trafic shaping.  You could start
	by generating and exporting netflow data, or using something like IPFM
	(http://robert.cheramy.net/ipfm/) to do sampled accounting.

	You could combine this with on-demand bandwidth, but I think we need
	to hear more about what you want to achieve:

	- do you want unlimited trafic or capped bandwidth for each customer ?
	  (say, unlimited, or 10 Mbps committed with burst up to 30 Mbps)
	- do you have daily/weekly/monthly limit for the trafic, or is it just
	  invoiced to the customer ?  If there is a limit, is the customer denied
	  access when quota is met or ... ?

	That kind of information will help determining your needs a bit better.
	Note that you probably will have to combine different tools to achieve
	this, i.e. there might not be an out-of-the box solution for this.

	Phil