[afnog] DNS service

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Mon Jul 16 14:22:29 UTC 2007

On 16 Jul 2007, at 15:11, Aline Flore Jounewe [ MTNCameroon
Infrastructure Planning - MTN House ] wrote:

> As I am planning to implement a DNS service for ISP, I would like
> to find out from you what are the most reliable and powerful
> platforms to deploy it?
>
> Unix
> Linux
> Microsoft

I think its more important to look at the features you need, and then
decide on the dns server you will install, before picking the
platform, as your platform is likely to be dictated by the software
you pick.

  - Authority only ?  e.g. nsd
  - Cacheing service ?  e.g. bind
  - Integration with Active Directory ?  e.g. MS DNS (hope not ;-) )
  - Also djbdns

Best wishes

-a

--