[afnog] GegaEthernet and FastEthernet probleme!

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Thu Jul 12 14:24:20 UTC 2007

On Thursday 12 July 2007 21:58, Mohamed Lemine Ould Mohamed
Vadel wrote:

> ==================In my Router
> ======
> sh run
> ======
>
> interface GigabitEthernet0/1
>  ip address 172.16.1.1 255.255.255.240
>  duplex auto
>  speed auto
>  media-type rj45

Looks like your link speed and duplex settings are at
auto-neg. Your initial post is contrary.

> !
>
> ==========
> sh int Gig 0/1
> =============
>      13 output errors, 0 collisions, 12 interface resets
>      0 babbles, 0 late collision, 0 deferred
>      13 lost carrier, 0 no carrier, 0 pause output

We have a problem here. Was the cable unplugged or interface
shutdown, perhaps while you were testing?

Suggest you clear these interface counters and try again after
a few minutes just to eliminate potential hardware/physical
link issues.

> ======================In my switsh
> =======
> sh run
> =======
>
> interface FastEthernet0/11
>  switchport access vlan 2
>  switchport mode dynamic desirable
> !

Speed/duplex settings also appear auto.

> ======
> sh int F0/11
> ======

>      0 output errors, 0 collisions, 1 interface resets

There was an interface reset there. Was the cable unplugged or
interface shutdown?

I notice this port is in VLAN 2. Confirm the other switch port
is also in VLAN 2, and as Kone mentioned earlier, the VLAN
information is shared between both switches via a trunk.

You also need to define VLAN 2 in your VLAN database on both
switches for this to work:

Switch# vlan database
Switch(vlan)# vlan 2 name test
Switch(vlan)# exit
APPLY completed.
Exiting....
Switch#

Just as a test, you could configure another port on the same
switch (this one, for example) with a VLAN ID of 2 and attach
the second router to it. If it works, your routers are fine
and we can turn our attention to the switches.

Cheers,

Mark.