[afnog] GegaEthernet and FastEthernet probleme!

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Thu Jul 12 14:11:05 UTC 2007

On Thursday 12 July 2007 21:09, - Kone Bakenon - wrote:

> Hello Lemine,
> When you have Vlans on switches and you interconnect these
> switches, don't forget to trunk the ports where switches
> are interconnected. -----

Right; and I'd also recommend that the use of auto-neg for
link speed/duplex setting has been more reliable for me in
the past several years than using hard settings.

The boxes in question (with fairly recent IOS) fit the bill
just fine.

Rare cases could be where the hardware does not support
auto-neg.

Cheers,

Mark.