[afnog] GegaEthernet and FastEthernet probleme!

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Thu Jul 12 12:38:02 UTC 2007

On Thursday 12 July 2007 20:23, Mohamed Lemine Ould Mohamed
Vadel wrote:

> hi,
> Gigabits which I have on my 3550 is occupied.
> I believed I could limit the speed of my GigaEthernet on my
> 3845 to discuss with my FastEthernet of Cisco 3550.
> That would seem to me possible?!

I think we need to slow down and look at this systematically.
Just because Mohamed mentioned Gig-E talking to FastE doesn't
necessarily mean it's a speed/duplex issue (although it could
be). It could also be a switching issue (Layer 2) or a
routing issue (Layer 3).

What we really need are the relevant configurations from all 4
devices so we can advance this thread - third request :-).

Cheers,

Mark.