[afnog] GegaEthernet and FastEthernet probleme!

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Thu Jul 12 11:32:34 UTC 2007

On Thursday 12 July 2007 19:19, Mohamed Lemine Ould Mohamed
Vadel wrote:

> Hello,

Hi.

> That's my problem:
> I have Cisco 3845 with two interfaces GigaEthernet and
> Cisco 3550 with FastEthernet interfaces. I confiqure my
> interfaces on the router and the switsh with the following
> parametres:
> Speed 100 and duplex Full.
> But of my router 3845 I  cannot send a ping on these
> neighbours. what it could mean?

You do not clearly state what you are trying to ping. Are
pinging the switches from each other? Are you pinging the
router from the switch, switch from the router, e.t.c.?

Are all 4 interfaces up/up? Send a "show int gi0/x" from the
router and a "sh int fa0/x" from the switch for the connected
ports.

Cheers,

Mark.